We branded ourselves Naked Creative for a reason. Transparent, no BS and 100% jargon and ‘fluff’ free.
We branded ourselves Naked Creative for a reason. Transparent, no BS and 100% jargon and ‘fluff’ free. We just want to sell more of your things (or service) to a lot more people, as often as we can and at higher margins. We simply wrap a strategy around each of those goals and we are away.
As with all industries, marketing can have its own language, so we thought we’d break it down for you.
- Target audience: This is just a fancy way of saying "the people you want to sell your stuff to".
- Conversion rate: this just means how many people take the desired action after seeing your ad.
- Funnel: It's not just for liquids, in marketing it refers to the journey a customer takes from being a stranger to becoming a customer.
- Branding: It's not just for cows, in marketing it's all about creating a memorable and recognisable image for your business.
- A/B testing: Think of it like a ‘choose your own adventure book’ for your ads. You make two versions and see which one performs better.
- KPI (Key Performance Indicator): This is just a fancy way of saying "what you're trying to achieve" in your marketing efforts.
- Influencer marketing: Hiring cool people with lots of followers to show off your stuff and make it look cooler.
- ROI (Return on Investment): Simply put, it's how much money you make compared to how much you spend on marketing.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation): Making sure your website shows up when people search for related terms.
- CTA (Call to Action): A gentle nudge to your audience, like "click here" or "buy now", that tells them what action you want them to take next.
More specifically we’ll break down the digital space, because no one loves an acronym (or jargon) like a digital marketer.
- PPC (Pay-Per-Click): A way of advertising where you pay each time someone clicks on your ad. Kind of like paying by the slice at a pizza place.
- CPC (Cost Per Click): How much you pay, on average, for each click on your PPC ad.
- CTR (Click-Through Rate): A percentage that shows how often people are clicking on your ad after seeing it.
- Display Ads: The colourful banners you see on websites, kind of like digital billboards.
- Affiliate Marketing: When you pay someone to promote your product and they get a commission for each sale they generate. It's like having your own army of salespeople!
- Email Marketing: Sending promotional messages to a list of email subscribers. It's like sending a newsletter to your grandma, but to a lot more people!
- Social Media Marketing: Using social networks to promote your product or service. It's like a giant online party where you get to talk about what you're selling.
- Content Marketing: Creating valuable content to attract and engage your target audience. It's like being a helpful friend who also happens to sell stuff.
- Programmatic Advertising: Automatically buying and placing digital ads using technology. It's like having a robot do your ad buying for you!
- Native Advertising: A type of online advertising that blends in with the content on the website, like a chameleon.